If you have a Sony Xperia Z1, it may happen that you need to reset your device. This is the case when the smartphone is no longer working properly or you need to clear all the data because you want to sell it. You can reset the phone in a few steps.
How do you perform a hard reset on the Sony Xperia Z1?
- Start the settings on your smartphone.
- Go to “Backup & Reset” or “Backup & Reset” here.
- Click on “Reset to factory settings”.
- Here you can choose whether your data should be saved or completely deleted during the process. To back up your data, you need a Google Account. If you do not have one, you can create a new one before. Alternatively, you can save your data on an external medium.
- Next, go to “Reset Phone”.
- Now you need to enter your password, PIN or unlock pattern to complete the process.
- Finally, to reset your smartphone, you must click on “Delete All”. The process is now carried out, this may take a while.